Choose from three workshops – or ask me to customise for your particular needs.
BEING THE 3D LEADER: DEADLINES, DECISIONS, DILEMMAS is aimed at the C-Suite, ready to experience a refreshing new take on quick decision making and leadership.
- as news priorities change minute by minute, pivoting skills are tested … useful as Brexit approaches
- as headlines are written under real time pressure, clarity and focus of message is developed
- as the rough and ready world of breaking news is experienced, we weigh up when to hold our own and when to let go
- numbers: 6-10 delegates works best
- duration: two to three hours
NEWSROOM BOOTCAMP is aimed at young or new teams, or existing but cautious teams who you want to motivate.
- it boosts confidence through the expression of opinion while debating news stories
- it encourages staff to step out of the comfort zone by presenting headlines to their peers off an autocue
- it focusses on actual delivery by imposing time pressure to get on with the job
- numbers: 10-25 delegates works best
- duration: Half Day (one workshop with break) or Full Day (two workshops in the morning, one in the afternoon)
HEADLINE DEADLINE is aimed at both senior and junior staff working together in a team-building context, sharing meaningful challenges with implementable take-aways — while having some fun.
- ideal as a stimulating ice-breaker to open an away-day, or at the end as a thought-provoking way to round things off before heading to the bar
- because it’s indoors and on-site, it’s less intimidating than many team-building activities, and a lot less hassle for you
- I customise the blend of sheer fun and real learning to meet your own specific requirements.
- numbers: works equally well with large groups (up to 100) or small groups (minimum 10)
- duration: two to three hours.
You tell me what you’re aiming to achieve
More confidence in quick decision-making and just getting the job done? Greater clarity of thought when writing a report or pitch that may help your company get business? Better equipping your team to be more assertive, or patient, with each other? A greater ability to handle a deadline, and boost your profits by keeping your clients happy?
You tell me the numbers and the time-frame
15-25 works particularly well, breaking down into 3 to 5 teams of five, but I’m very flexible. A couple of hours? A morning? A day? I’m versatile, and I’ve got plenty of material.
You tell me where you want to do it
All I need to rig up my TV Newsroom is any standard conference room with a projector, some tables and chairs. But if you want to leave the office, I can suggest some great venues.
If this isn’t quite what you’re after
I can point you to other business contacts who offer different types of business development and event hosting — just give me a call or drop me an email.
- The credibility: I’m a TV news journalist you and your colleagues may have seen on air the night before, but with the training and presenting experience to connect with a very wide range of audiences.
- The energy: my workshops are as fast, or as reflective, as you want them to be — without forcing staff into physical or dangerous situations.
- The empathy: I’m aware many people may be nervous ahead of one of my workshops, and I am experienced at overcoming that anxiety.
- The internal take-aways: my workshops are built upon regular one sentence take-away thoughts to reinforce what has been experienced and ensure it’s transferred to the workplace.
- The external take-away: I can provide you with a video of your team reading their headlines off my autocue for your own website, vlog etc, and can publish a blog about our time together — great SEO.
- The pre-chat: a preliminary consultation, in person or on the phone, to brief me on your needs.
- The follow-up: all bookings include feedback forms which I distill into a succinct one page report for you, providing statistics and quotations on what has actually been achieved on the day, and what the ‘take-aways’ have been. This may help you justify the use of your budget to your own boss.
- The necessary credentials: I am CRB/DBS checked, and have public liability insurance up to £5m.
- Staff — 10 to 25 is ideal, though I can work with smaller or larger numbers.
- Anything from two hours to a full day — I’ll fit in with your timetable.
- A standard office/conference room with video and audio whiteboard or equivalent — I simply plug in my laptop, rig up my news camera and autocue, and we’re away!
- A separate flipchart or equivalent, to record learning points and news-desk team scores.